GENERAL MANAGER – Dairy Factory Complex (Arabic Speaker)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced General Manager in the Middle East to manage a significant multi products Dairy Factory Complex.
The General Manager reports directly to the CEO.
To oversee dairy production sites manufacturing a variety of Fresh and UHT dairy products including Set Yogurt, UHT milks, Cheese, Processed Cheese, Cream cheese and butter.
Fluency in Arabic is essential for the role.
An attractive package will be available for the right candidate who will have a minimum of 10 years experience in a similar role.
The General Manager will report directly to the CEO.
Apply via this website.
Before applying please read our tips for applying : CV writing Suggestions
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The General Manager will agree budgets, with department Managers / Supervisors and ensure that the Factory is run efficiently to produce and dispatch customer orders safely, efficiently to specification and on time.
- The General Manager job focuses on leading and managing staff with responsibility for effective motivation and management of all staff. The role demands organizational, planning, developmental and commercial skills and an ability to communicate at all levels in order to achieve output targets. The role requires a contribution to the continuous improvement and strategic development of the business. The role requires the incumbent to be consistent in approach, have a clarity of purpose and clear vision to efficiently manage the profitable operations of the Manufacturing Plants ensuring that all products are of the highest quality and efficiency whilst maintaining plant safety and compliance with all necessary regulations. Working closely with Dairy staff, customers, suppliers and regulatory authorities the successful applicant will assist with all aspects of the Factory Complex.
- Responsible for liaising with the CEO on all major production and factory issues.
- Required to maintain confidentiality and be an “ambassador” for the company at all times.
- Responsible for introducing a performance culture throughout the factory, aimed at improving efficiency and encouraging line staff.
- This includes the review of performance of the Managers reporting to you and ensuring that a formal structure is implemented for the managers and supervisors to assess their direct reports and provide a summary report to you (A formal one on one appraisal system should be implemented and carried out six monthly).
- Responsible for ensuring that staff are trained and developed both technically and personally to meet the requirements of the business.
- Responsible for maintaining a record of and reporting budget variances to the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for ensuring continuous dissemination of information to staff by email updates and regular meetings / briefings, you with your team and your managers with their teams – this must be formalized / structured and to a timetable.
- Responsible for ensuring that Managers and department staff carry out mandatory and regulatory duties laid down by the company and Health & Safety regulations, Ministry of Health and Ministry of Industry.
- To fulfill other duties identified as the business progresses and as necessary for the successful completion of the job Leading and Organizing Managers Providing positive leadership and motivation to the Department Managers, demonstrating a pro-active attitude to planning, organizing, trouble-shooting and addressing all issues.