Cheesemaker – East Lothian Scotland UK
Salary: dependent on skills and experience but in the region of £25,000 + overtime
MUST BE in possession of a UK passport / Permit to Work at time of application.
This growing family business producing and supplying quality dairy products UK-wide is looking for an additional cheese maker to join the production team. There is scope for progression for the right person.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business in a great location.
You will work with our Production Operator and Operation Supervisor to help create our artisan range of soft cheeses, for di latte mozzarella and cultured creams, all made from our own fresh milk on the family farm in East Lothian.
We are looking for someone with a good attitude, an ability to learn quickly and willingness to work in accordance with strict processes and procedures. Experience is not as important as attitude for this role. If you are the right person we will teach you all you need to know about cheesemaking. A background in a food safe environment including knowledge of SALSA or BRC accreditation standards would be beneficial but not essential as all training will be provided.
Applications only via this website.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- · Responsibility for running of pastueriser, cheese making and packing equipment;
- · Following recipes and work procedures to ensure product is made to the correct specification;
- · Understanding principles of cheesemaking;
- · Understanding and implementing HACCP principles and adhering to food safety processes and procedures;
- · Ensuring hygiene and cleaning procedures are followed;
- · Accurate record keeping;
- · Regular communication and close working with management and production staff to help achieve company objectives.
- have a great work ethic, be punctual and have a good attendance record
- have a flexible working attitude
- be able to work alone and with other team members
- have a good grasp of English to understand, speak and write
- have your own transport
- be able and willing to learn new tasks
- MUST BE in possession of a UK passport / Permit to work